Early Childhood Education - Pre-K
Do you have a 3 or 4 year old in need of a preschool experience? Do you live in New Haven? If you answered yes to both of these questions, then apply now! Please see program options below:
- Head Start is open to 3 & 4 year olds and requires you meet income eligibility driven by the federal poverty guidelines. Head Start is a free program for those who qualify. Our NHPS Head start program provides school-day (6 hours) programming at the following schools: Benjamin Jepson, Dr. Reginald Mayo Early Learning Center, Fair Haven, John S. Martinez, Lincoln Bassett, and Truman. For more information contact Esther Pinckney at email@example.com or (475) 220-1462.
- School Readiness is open to all 3 & 4 year olds regardless of income. School Readiness does utilize a sliding fee scale based on family income. Our NHPS School Readiness program provides school-day (6 hours) programming at the following schools: Augusta Lewis Troup, Columbus Family, East Rock, Nathan Hale and Hill Central Music Academy. Our NHPS School Readiness program also provides part-day (3-4 hours) programming at the following schools: East Rock and Nathan Hale. There is no fee for part-day programming. For more information contact Paul Lepri at firstname.lastname@example.org or (475) 220-1482.
Please note preschoolers are required to wear masks.
Click on the link below and apply online now!
Proof of residency in New Haven:
- A copy of the current mortgage statement or original lease agreement for your New Haven residence.
- One current utility bill (within the last 60 days) for your New Haven residence (UI, gas, cable, water).
- If you are not listed on a lease you must have a notarized residency affidavit completed: Residency Affidavit (English) Residency Affidavit (Spanish)